Separately, you will continue to receive bills from SP Group for other utilities such as water and gas.
Consumers using cumulative meters have their meter readings taken once every two months by SP Group. On the month where your meter is not read, your consumption will be estimated by SP Group based on an Energy Market Authority approved methodology by multiplying your average daily consumption, calculated from the actual meter readings recorded in the previous months.
Adjustments in your electricity bills reflect the difference in the overestimation or underestimation of your electricity bill for the previous month, against your actual electricity consumption sent to Keppel Electric by SP Group.
If you wish to view your meter readings, please write in to email@example.com and we will facilitate to request for your meter readings from SP Group.
- Higher usage due to school holidays or more occupants being home during the period
- New member in the family (eg. A newborn baby)
- Recent purchase of new additional electrical appliances installed
- More frequent baths or higher laundry loads
- During the hotter weather from May to August, electrical appliances such as air-conditioners have to work harder to bring down the room temperature to the same desired temperature.
- More days in the billing period which can vary from 28 to 34 days.
- Regulated tariff changes
Consumers on their existing cumulative meters have their meter readings taken once every two months by SP Group. This means if your meter is scheduled to be read in the odd months, eg. May, the next meter reading will be taken in July. Your June consumption will be estimated based on an Energy Market Authority approved methodology by multiplying your average daily consumption, calculated from the actual meter readings recorded in the previous odd months March and May.
When the meters are next read in July, you will be billed the usage between May and July, minus the estimated usage in June.
Should the estimated usage in June be underestimated, it will be carried over to your July bill, which is why the July bill amount may be higher than the previous month.
Depending on the timing of your electricity bill and payment arrangement, your U-Save rebates may offset your electricity charges only in the subsequent months.
In the event if there are no outstanding electricity charges on the U-Save deduction date, the remaining U-Save rebates will be used for future deductions on non-electricity charges.
For U-Save related queries, please call SP Group at 6671 7117 (Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 5.30pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smart Meters, otherwise known as Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Meters are digital meters which allow electricity consumption to be tracked and remotely read at half hourly intervals. Premises with Smart Meters will no longer require manual reading and estimation of electricity consumption.
However, you may consider installing an AMI meter to ensure your monthly bill is based on actual readings instead of alternate month’s estimation. This allows you to track and better manage your consumption patterns.
Loss Adjusted Consumption = Metered Consumption x TLF
You may wish to refer to this link for the transmission loss factors for the respective loads. The factors are derived using the methodology approved by the Energy Market Authority.
With effect from 1 November 2018, all new signups for Keppel Electric price plans are TLF absorbed, which means that consumers are billed based on their Metered Consumption.
- There will not be any disruption to your electricity supply if you retain your existing meter type.
- There may be a need for temporary disruption to your electricity supply (no more than 30 minutes) if you have opt to switch to an AMI meter. SP Group’s technical representative will advise on the disruption time (if any) on the day of installation.
- There may be a need for temporary disruption to your electricity supply (no more than 30 minutes) if your current rating is less than 100 Amps. SP Group’s technical representative will advise on the disruption time (if any) on the day of installation.
- There will not be any disruption to your electricity supply if your current rating is greater than 100 Amps.
- You may contact SP Group at 1800 233 8000 for further enquires.
Security Deposit and Payment
- GIRO (DBS/POSB)
- GIRO (Other banks)
- Credit card (Visa & MasterCard)
- Bill payment via your DBS and UOB Bank
- Cash @ Keppel Electric Office only
- IDDA: Instant GIRO Approval (For DBS/POSB Internet Banking Customer only). Immediate & Paperless approval.
- GIRO Paper Application. You may download the Residential GIRO form here, complete and mail it to Keppel Electric. Kindly note that the application process will takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
Sign up and contract
For Business consumers who are contestable it will take 2 business days, while non-contestable consumers will take 1-2 months. Keppel Electric will work with SP Group to ensure a seamless transfer for you.
- Over 18 years of age
- Provides authorisation letter that he/she is authorized to sign up on behalf of the electricity account holder
- Latest SP Services bill / Electricity Bill to the premise requiring electricity supply
Within 3 months from the termination of your old address, write in to Keppel Electric at email@example.com to sign up again with your new address. Your new address will take over the remaining months of the previous contract and at the previous rates. Upon successful transfer of the electricity account of the new address to Keppel Electric, we will credit the early termination charge that was paid previously to your new electricity account.
Please note that relocation applications are not eligible for any ongoing promotions, discounts and/or offers unless otherwise stated.
- Highly competitive packages: Customised with your needs and usage profile in mind, we aim to unlock greater savings and certainty.
- Simple & hassle free sign up: We made it easy and seamless to switch to Keppel Electric in less than 5 minutes.
- Our people: Professionally trained sales and customer service agents that are hand-picked to assist in your switch journey to us and thereafter.
- Convenience: Digitally designed processes to reach us or to make payment.
To illustrate, if a Consumer sign up for a DOT3 price plan on 1 January, the Consumer will have to fulfill a 3 months lock-in period till 31 March. The Consumer will have the option to terminate the contract without paying an Early Termination Charge by notifying Keppel Electric and serving a 60 days’ calendar notice from 1 February onwards till the 24 months contract ends.
Other charges arising from late payment charges, security deposit, paper bills, smart meter installation fee, early termination charges etc, cannot be deducted with Referral Credits.
Keppel Electric Customer Portal
- Click here to login with your NRIC/FIN numbers.
- You will be prompted to enter your new User ID
- Click on Confirm and you are done.
- Click here to create your new User ID and password
- After creating your account, you will be able to view and track your electricity consumption, make payment and more.
If you have further questions or wish to contact us regarding the Personal Data Protection Policy, please email our Data Protection Officer(DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still can't find what you need?
#06-03 Keppel Bay Tower
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5:30pm
Closed on Sat/Sun/PH
General Enquiry: (65) 6803 3000
Sales Enquiry: (65) 6803 3888
Hotline Operating Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm
Closed on Sat/Sun/PH